Welding and Fabrication
Our welders are certified to CWB CSA standards, Division 2 Standard W47.1. Working closely with our customers, our team of welders and fabricators will take your project from design stage to completion while ensuring results have met all your specifications and requirements. Ocean Gear is equipped with the tools and equipment needed to complete your project requirements In-House or On-Site. Our team specializes in carbon steel, stainless and aluminum, utilizing stick, flux core & tig. We house the gear and consumables needed to ensure your project timelines are met.
- Lincoln V350 Invertec welders (4)
- Lincoln 400A skid mounted welders (4)
- Lincoln 225 Tig welders (2)
- 250T press brake 12’
- hydraulic shear 10’ x 1/4
- 100T hydraulic press
- 50T Piranha Ironworker
- Horizontal bandsaw 9 X 18
- Radial drill
- 2T Overhead Crane
- Air Compressors
- 300 – 400 AMP diesel welder (5)
- LN-25 MIG welders (3)
- 110/220 portable welders with tig (2)
- Plasma cutters 1/8 – 1” thick
- 10 – 30T Hydraulic ram set
- Hydraulic Pipe Bender
- Air Compressor
- Pipe Threader 1/2 – 2”
- Horizontal Bandsaw 7- 12”
Trucks and Cranes:
- 2021 Freightliner M2 106 flatbed
- 3500 cube van mobile welding unit
- 3 Shop trucks
- Multiple Yard Forklifts 5000 – 14,000 lbs
- Grove 6T yard crane
- Telehandler 8000 lbs
Utilizing calibrated tooling and equipment, our Machinists pay close attention to detail ensuring proper tolerances and fit are achieved with each piece. Our machinists will replicate your hard to replace components to your precise requirements and tolerances. In addition to machining metals, we machine plastics too.
- Modern 430 Precision Lathe 64” between centers, 21” swing
- Standard Modern 1340 Lathe 40” between centers, 18” swing
- Modern 10” X 54” 40T vertical milling machine
- Morrison keyseater 3/16 – 1 ¼
Ship Repair & Wharf Services
Whether you’re ready to book your next refit, or you’re looking for a quick turnover for maintenance or offloading, Ocean Gear can accommodate your vessel requirements. We operate a full-service wharf facility in the heart of Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, providing deep-water berthing for vessels up to 240 ft LOA and 22 ft of draft. Our main wharf is surfaced with concrete 2 feet thick, allowing heavy trucks and equipment to access your vessel dockside.
Marine services include:
- Full refit and vessel maintenance services
- Marine supplies
- Shore power – 120V, 220V, 440V, 600V, up to 200 amps of reliable single-phase or three-phase power
- Fuel delivery – available 24/7
- Grub and stores delivery
- Fresh water supply
- Pump out, waste oil and garbage disposal
- Security – 24/7 video surveillance
Wharf and floating dock space for commercial vessels or visiting yachts.
Ocean Gear is a fully operational, Industry Leader in the Manufacture and Repair of Scallop Fishing Gear. We’re equipped to provide you with high quality gear, customized to fit your needs, and on-time to meet your turnover requirements. We pay close attention to the costs of the products required to repair, outfit and build new rakes and gear and work closely with our suppliers to ensure best practices are met.
The times are always changing, and Ocean Gear pays attention. We partner with customers helping them to advance their new ideas and innovations aligning with their pivots and growth. Whether this change is a small modification to fishing gear or redesigning an entire equipment assembly, we will treat each project with all the skill and professionalism our customers know to expect from us.